November 16, 2017

Nefertiti - The Beautiful One Has Arrived

NEFERTITI - The Beautiful One Has Arrived

The name Nefertiti means "the beautiful one has arrived" Nefertiti is known for her elegant beauty as well as her prominent and controversial presence. Nefertiti is known as being the new kingdom Queen who played the largest and most significant role in religious and political areas of life. 

Nefertiti was known as many different things "Ruler of the Nile", "Daughter of Gods", "and Empress of the Mediterranean" and many others all that highlight her as being a powerful women in Egypt’s history.

This piece was done for Take A Word's weekly challenge. This week's theme - STATUES.

6 comments:

  1. oh yes this is stunningly gorgeous and i love that you provided some information about her! the beautiful one has indeed arrived, right in your creation. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning page, she was a beauty and a powerful woman of her times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to say thank you! I did an incredibly similar piece for a Cleopatra challenge, confusing the two ladies. Here I sit with egg on my face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev, they are so easy to confuse! I only know the difference because I have named my cats after Cleopatra (Chleo for short) and Nefertiti (Neffie for short). No egg on face!

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous like Bev's the perfect combination of subject and background...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this, the dramatic colours and the beautiful blending are absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to put a little air under my wings. I so appreciate your observations, comments and praise. Hugs!